301. Which among the following is also called” peak less” insulin analog ?
A. Insulin lispro
B. Insulin glargine
C. Insulin aspart
D. Lente insulin
302. Meiotic division of male germ cells commence ?
A. During intra – uterine life
B. just before birth
C. by around 6 years after birth
D. by around 16 years
303. The percentage of body water is greater in ?
A. Male than in females
B. Children than in adult
C. Obese than in lean individuals
D. old than in young objects
304. During exercise ?
A. Cerebral blood flow increases if there is increase in systolic blood pressure
B. Body temperature increases
C. Blood flow to muscle increases after 1½ minute
D. Lymphatic flow from muscle decrease
305. Plasma factor present in both serum & plasma is ?
306. In PHC, which anticoagulant is used to send the blood sample for blood glucose ?
C. Potassium oxalate+ sodium fluoride
D. Potassium oxalate
307. Blood cells arise in bone marrow and are subject to ?
A. Irregular renewal
B. Regular renewal
C. Infrequent renewal
D. None of the above
308. Site of RBC formation in 20 years old healthy male is ?
A. Flat bones
B. Long bones
D. Yolk sac
309. In human the Hb is ?
310. Plasma cells are constituent of ?
A. Nervous tissue
B. Muscular tissue
C. Epithelial tissue
D. Connective tissue
311. The tissue macrophages are derived from the ?
D. All of the above
312. In a blood sample antiserum A and antiserum B and Rh+ ve factor is added. No agglutination is seen. This is ?
A. O group and Rh+ ve
B. O group and Rh- ve
C. AB group and Rh+ ve
D. AB group and Rh – ve
313. AB group has following agglutinins ?
A. Anti – A & Anti – B
B. Neither anti A nor anti – B
C. Anti – A
D. Anti – B
314. Citrate is a useful anticoagulant because of its ability to ?
A. Buffer basic groups of coagulation factors
B. Bind factor XII
C. Bind vitamin K
D. Chelate calcium
315. ESR depends on ?
D. All of the above
316. The normal brown red color of feces results from the presence of ?
D. Bilirubin diglucuronide
317. Which of the following is not a cause of secondary polycythemia ?
A. High Altitude
B. Myeloproliferative changes
D. Cerebellar hemangioblastoma
318. Which of the following clotting factor is involved only in extrinsic pathway
319. Plasma colloid osmotic pressure is due to ?
320. Decreased MCHC is found in ?
A. Microcytic hypochromic anemia
B. Megaloblastic anemia
C. Sideroblastic anemia
D. Vit B12 deficiency
321. True statement regarding hematopoiesis includes ?
A. Spleen plays a major role in adults (in lymphopoiesis )
B. Committed stem cells differentiates into only one cell type
C. RES plays a role
322. A reliable screening test for platelet function is ?
D. Clot retraction time
323. CO2 is transported in plasma as ?
B. Carbomino compounds
324. Immune complexes are removed from blood by ?
A. B cell
C. Plasma cell
D. Kupffer cell
325. Thromboxane is produced mainly by ?
C. Damaged tissue
D. Vascular endothelium
326. Increased blood viscosity and slow circulation causes ?
A. RBC rouleax formation
B. Increased plasma skimming
C. Increased number of RBC in capillaries
327. Ions participating in clotting mechanism are ?
328. Christmas factor is ?
329. Small lymphocyte is ?
A. Bigger than RBC
B. Same as the size of RBC
C. Smaller than RBC
D. None of these
330. The largest fraction of the total body fluid is ?
A. Extracellular fluid
B. Intracellular fluid
D. Whole blood
331. Survival time of platelet is approximately ?
A. 10 hours
B. 10 days
C. 10 weeks
D. 100 days
332. Serum is blood plasma without ?
A. Blood cells
D. Plasma colloids
333. Persons having anti- A and anti- B is agglutinins in their serum belong to which blood group ?
334. Albumin is ?
A. Nucleo protein
B. Chromo protein
C. Phospho protein
D. Simple protein
335. Fluid content of the blood is ?
D. Tissue fluid
336. The only fixed cell of the connective tissue ?
D. Mast cell
337. Which of the following is not involved in blood clotting ?
338. Immunologically active cells are ?
A. Plasma cells
B. MAST cells
D. R.B.C s
339. For heparin which of the following is ?
A. Inhibits conversion of fibrinogen to insoluble fibrin
B. Interferes with action of thrombin
C. Is released by macrophages
D. Is released by mast cells
340. Which of the following vitamins is necessary for maturation of blood precursor cells ?
A. Vit- A
D. Cyano cobalamine
341. Erythropoietin is produced in the ?
A. Bone marrow
342. Hematocrit relates to which of the following ?
A. Total blood volume
B. Total RBC volume
C. Total WBC vlume
D. Plasma filtrate
343. Serum is ?
A. Plasma- clotting factors
B. Plasma- fibrin
C. Blood – RBC
D. Blood – all cellular elements
344. Drumstick is found in ?
345. Which of them is not affected by vitamin K deficiency ?
A. Factor IX
B. Factor VII
C. Factor II
D. Factor VIII
346. The normal absolute eosinophil count is ?
A. 40 to 440 cells/C.mm
B. 500 to 900 cells/C.mm
C. 1200 to1500cells/C.mm
D. 1500 to 2,000cells/C.mm
347. At what temperature blood is stored ?
348. Which of the following represents most dangerous situation ?
A. Rh+ ve mother, who is bearing 2nd Rh+ ve child
B. Rh+ ve mother, bearing her 2nd + ve child
C. Rh+ ve mother, bearing her 1st Rh – ve child
D. Rh – ve mover, bearing her 1stRh + ve child
349. Histiocytes are ?
A. Scavenger cells
B. Allergic cells
C. Released in immunologic response
350. Which of the following agents in not likely to be found in plasma ?
D. Calcium ion